< Return to Inventory List
MODEL: Basic Beliefs Details
- 1. "...for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...." Romans 3:23
- 2. "For the wages of sin is death...." Romans 6:23 (This means spiritual death -- eternal separation from God.)
- 3. "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were STILL sinners, (Jesus) Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
- 4. "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring us to God." 1 Peter 3:18
- 5. "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other Name under Heaven given to men by which we must (can) be saved." Acts 4:12
- 6. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins, and purify us...." First John 1:9
- 7. "...That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
- 8. "Yet to all who received Him, to those who believe in His name, He gave the right to become children of God." John 1:12
- 9. "For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith...not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
- 10. "This is the testimony: God has given us eternal life and that life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." 1 John 5:11-12 (This means: eternal life with God after death is given to those who believe in Christ as their savior.)
- 11. "Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance...." Ephesians 1:13
- 12. "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may KNOW that you have eternal life." 1 John 5:13
A. We all have sinned.
B. There is a penalty for sin.
C. Only sinless men and women (that is, forgiven of sins) can enter Heaven to be with God after dying.
D. God loves us more than we can ever imagine.
E. Jesus, God in human form, paid our penalty for sinning by being tortured & crucified. He then rose from the dead, proving that as God, He can raise us all from the dead to be with Him in Heaven.
F. By recognizing and accepting what Jesus did for us personally, we become sinless in the eyes of God (at the Judgement, after dying), and can enter Heaven. We should thank Jesus, our personal Savior, the Savior of all mankind who trust in Him, and read the Bible for more understanding.
- Addendum: "Then they asked Him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?" Jesus answered: "The work of God is this, to believe in the One He has sent." John 6:28-29. Comment: We can do nothing ourselves to work our way into Heaven. We can only do what God requires - to believe that Jesus is our savior.